[wp-testers] Disappearing Posts: Not a Bug, But a Problem

Aylwin Cal aylwin.cal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 00:56:05 GMT 2006

On 2/7/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:

> No one suggested that (that I can tell), but rather that we move the
> option to somewhere that makes sense, for example, maybe the Options
> pages, rather than under Users.

I think the locations of the settings already make sense.  Under 'Options',
you set default settings for everybody.  Under 'Users' or 'Profile', you set
individual, user-specific options.  Remember, lower level users have no
access to 'Options'.  All they see is 'Profile' and that's where they set
their own user-specific options.

I think the description of the default option could be improved though.
Currently, it's:
"Users should use the visual rich editor by default"

That's not entirely true since this setting only affects new users.  So this
simple change would be more accurate:
"New users should use the visual rich editor by default"

But I would prefer something clearer like this:
"Enable the visual rich editor as default for newly created users"

Aylwin