[wp-testers] Disappearing Posts: Not a Bug, But a Problem

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:23:36 GMT 2006

On 2/6/06, Rob <unspace at unspace.net> wrote:
> After much playing around, I believe I can replicate the error. If the
> "Write" page is not finished loading and you begin typing into the text
> area, when the page finishes loading, the material typed in the text
> area disappears. One must ensure that the page has finished loading
> before one begins typing. As far as I know, this has nothing to do with
> the code.

Sounds accurate to me. That would be pretty common behavior with any
textarea on any website. I don't know that there is a good way to
solve the problem though. On the other hand, I can't imagine that it's
that serious of a problem. Unless your connection were to just crap
out totally, the number of words you could type in from the time the
textarea appears until the page finishes completely loading would be
extremely low. I post to my blog from time to time through a wireless
dial-up link at dial-up speeds and the Write page loads pretty quickly
even over that slow link.

Justin Moore
aka wantmoore