[wp-testers] Live site, not a test server

Muskie Mckay andrew at muschamp.ca
Sat Feb 4 10:51:52 GMT 2006

>I don't see the errors you mention.  Although there's this error near
>the bottom of the page:
>
>*WordPress database error:* [You have an error in your SQL syntax;
>check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
>right syntax to use near '' at line 1] SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ID) FROM
>
>Aylwin

The reason the error at the bottom remains and the error at the top is gone, is
I fixed the error at the top by checking out the latest capabilities.php from
the trac which was a week old and replacing what was on my server which was
considerably older.  I had set my FTP program to sync everything but config and
wp-content so I have no idea why the capabilities in the last nightly build
didn't work but the one in the trac did.

My blog, is just that my blog.  I don't want error messages at the top and
bottom messing up everything.  I want working permalinks, I want working
comments.  I'm testing out the latest nightly builds on my live site because
neither 2.0 nore 2.0.1 RC worked ie my permalinks don't work among other things.
My blog is my primary means of keeping in touch with people while I'm in China.

I've tried various builds with and without the plugins innabled.

I'm in China.  I get my internet access through WiFi at a cafe.  It is dodgy.
It is slow.  Just downloading and uploading the nightly build takes me a half
hour or more.  Anything that goes outside of China has to go through the Great
Firewall which is basically everything for me.  So you'll have to forgive me if
I take the initiative and fix something to make the error go away or not disable
every single plugin every single time I try a different combination of code.

Muskie
--
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
               -- C.G. Jung