[wp-testers] Can we delete this code from classes.php?

Kirk Steffensen blogger at steffensenfamily.com
Wed Feb 1 18:23:20 GMT 2006

Andy,

Thanks for the reply and the dialog.  I appreciate your insight into
wp-blog-header.php vs config.php.  I'll do some testing tonight to try to
figure out a way around the errors that Aylwin has seen.

Assuming we can fix the problem this way, I'll be happy to close the ticket.

Regardless of whether WPG2 can be fixed easily, I'm not convinced that forcing a
200 HTTP status at the end of classes.php is the best long-term solution for
WordPress.  I don't know how many other folks are affected by this, but it took
the WPG2 community several months to narrow down the error to classes.php,
because the error looks like it's coming from Apache or PHP-CGI.

I read Owen's outstanding article on submitting patches and installed XAMMP last
night.  I've been doing all of my development testing on my webhost's system,
but I'll start working directly on my laptop so that I can submit productive
patches instead of just submitting requests for someone to change the code.

Cheers,
Kirk