[wp-testers] Congrats to all the devs

Sean Hayford O'Leary sdho at sdho.org
Sun Dec 31 02:25:18 GMT 2006

I doubt Automattic would get acquired any time in the immediate
future. And remember, though they own WordPress.com and monopolize the
WordPress brand (as well as provide some funding for the WordPress
project) they themselves do not *own* the self-hosted WordPress
software. The community does. It is GPL and licensing changes can
never be recursive.

So my thoughts are going everywhere now, but, yes, I suppose WP.com
could be like Livejournal is now. But now WP itself.

On 12/30/06, steve caturan <scaturan at negimaki.com> wrote:
> if Automattic is acquired, does it mean WordPress will be like how
> Livejournal is now with Six Apart?
>
> On 12/30/06, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 12:36 -0600, Samuel Bollinger wrote:
> > > and everyone else associated with WP
> > > http://wordpress.org/support/topic/98851?replies=1
> > > Samuel
> >
> > It's no surprise to me. ;)