[wp-testers] 2.0.6 RC2

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Sat Dec 30 10:32:59 GMT 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 04:51:02PM -0500, Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2006, at 1:43 AM, Kimmo Suominen wrote:
>
> >I think it would be dangerous to do that -- we might change the prefix
> >to something that is already used in the database.
> >
> >There is already sufficient instruction in wp-config.php.  If it is
> >ignored, that's not our problem...
>
> Good point.  And I think this came up before and we came to the same
> conclusion... warning, but no changing.  Of course, we could maybe
> die more informatively.  Check it for bad chars and die with a
> warning message.

Actually, if there is a suitable place in install.php then we could
maybe put the graceful die() in there.  That shouldn't be "too late"
in the process, I think.

Having it in wp-settings.php would just mean that it gets evaluated
all the time, which wouldn't be the best approach.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>