[wp-testers] 2.0.6 RC2

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Fri Dec 29 06:43:57 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:16:02PM -0500, Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Pål Grønås Drange wrote:
>
> >I think this can be fixed by using backticks, but maybe it's best
> >if the user isn't allowed using dashes in the prefix at all.
>
> It says which characters are allowed in wp-config.php
>
> >// Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
>
> We could sanitize it, I guess.
>
> $table_prefix = preg_replace('|[^0-9a-z_]|i', '_', $table_prefix);
>
> Somewhere at the top of wp-settings.php

I think it would be dangerous to do that -- we might change the prefix
to something that is already used in the database.

There is already sufficient instruction in wp-config.php.  If it is
ignored, that's not our problem...

Maybe a warning and aborting, if we must add something?  Personally
I think even that is just unnecessary bloat.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>