[wp-testers] wordpress and php security

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Dec 23 04:51:38 GMT 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 5:59 PM, Brian Layman wrote:

> His main concern is to rewrite PHP so that the people who develop
> projects
> like WordPress don't have to work as hard as they do to make their
> code
> secure.  So, I don't think there will be anything that will affect
> the 2.0.6
> release.

Well, there's this... but that'll probably have to wait for another
WP version.

	http://blog.php-security.org/archives/64-Why-extfilter.html

See also:

	http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3093

Someone should calculate the dollar value of all the time spent doing
damage repair from things like magic_quotes_gpc, register_globals,
and now with PHP 5.2, the ext/filter system.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services