[wp-testers] Page as home and List Pages

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 01:09:50 GMT 2006

While testing 2.1, I've noticed that if I Create a Page to be the "home"
page, and do a simple horizontal navigation such as
<ul>
        <li class="<?php if (is_home()) {echo 'page_item current_page_item';
} ?>"><a href="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>/">Home</a></li>
         <?php wp_list_pages('title_li=' ); ?>
 </ul>

Both the  page and a home link show in the nav bar.

I would *think*, that the default behavior would be to exclude the page
automatically from the list pages if it's been chosen as the home page.  I
realize that I could exclude that page from the list manually, but from a
theme developer standpoint, and a little from a support standpoint, I think
the former should be the goal.

Is there a reason this isn't the behavior?

Michael