[wp-testers] wordpress and php security

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Dec 22 22:59:47 GMT 2006

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/php_security_scrutinised/

(eavesdropping on your conversation with Mark)

Yeah, interesting read.  The guy the article is about, Stefan Esser, is one
of the three people from Hardened PHP.  So, his story about quitting,
because the other php developers and testers aren't ready to listen to him
about security, has a ring of truth about it.  But I suspect this is largely
a community spat just like those that have occurred in the WP arena on
(recent) occasion.

His main concern is to rewrite PHP so that the people who develop projects
like WordPress don't have to work as hard as they do to make their code
secure.  So, I don't think there will be anything that will affect the 2.0.6
release.

Thanks for posting that.  It was a good End Of Day read...