[wp-testers] OT: Books

John D Parker orclwzrd at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 22:42:03 GMT 2006

oops, I already have the following
PHP Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition - Rasmus Lerdorf
Programming PHP - Rasmus Lerdorf
Advanced PHP Programming - George Schlossnagle
Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition - Eric A. Meyer
CSS Cookbook - Christopher Schmitt
CSS Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition - Eric A. Meyer
PHP and MySQL Web Development, 3rd Edition - Luke Welling
PHP Cookbook - David Sklar
another one by Eric Meyer  and WordPress Themes by John Godley from his website www.urbangiraffe.com

Lloyd Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote: On 12/15/06, John D Parker  wrote:
> Ok, sorry for the OT post but you guys seem to be a good resource.
>
> Besides using wordpress, I spend most of my day as any oracle dba. I'm looking for new books to acquire. I need to get a better grasp of php/css/ajax/etc... What do you guys recommend?

The PHP book most recommended to me was
Sams' PHP and MySQL Web Development by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson