[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.6 RC1

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Dec 15 19:36:49 GMT 2006

Download WordPress 2.0.6 RC1 here:

http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.0.6-RC1.zip

Changes from 2.0.6 beta 1:

- i18n fixes
- Quicktags now activated for Safari (requires very recent version of
Safari 2)
- global MySQL query filter (called "query"), which allows for very
powerful plugins
- fix for funky expand/contract behavior of the bigger DBX boxes
(trackbacks, postmeta) in Firefox
- Akismet plugin optimizes the comment database more infrequently
(doesn't need to happen that often)

We've been having all positive feedback regarding the wp_redirect()
Server 500 error that some people were getting with WP 2.0.5  Big
kudos and thanks to everyone who helped me with that one, especially
Ben Masters who graciously granted me access to his server for testing.

Go ahead and bang on this release candidate over the weekend and
report back here.  As always, we're looking for a diverse bunch of
testers, so I'm particularly interested in feedback from people
running PHP 5.2, PHP via FastCGI, IIS, Apache on Windows, etc.
Although the 2.0.x branch will continue to be maintained well into
the future, 2.0.6 is likely going to be the last release before WP
2.1 launches, so lets make it a good one!

One other note:  there is a security patch that will be going into
2.0.6 final that is NOT in this release candidate (so as to not give
troublemakers a head start).  So be sure to download the final
version when it comes out.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/