[wp-testers] RE: How to create a .diff to attach to a ticket (was: WordPress 2.0.6 Beta 1)

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Dec 8 20:53:14 GMT 2006

Aaron Wrote:
--------%<-- Cut Here --%<--------
Since you're using Tortoise, here's the simplest how-to you'll ever
find. Ever.

1. Create a folder in Windows. Doesn't matter where. Try your Desktop.
2. Right click on the folder and select Create Repository
3. Do an update on the folder, once SVN recognizes it as a repo.
You'll need the SVN address - something I don't have as I'm not in
front of my Windoze box.
4. Once the files come down, edit a file. Once you've edited and
saved a file, the file will get a little red x or exclamation mark or
something. This means it's different from the working copy.
5. Right click on the repository (on your desktop?) and descend into
the Tortoise SVN contextual menu item.
6. Click on Make Patch. The file that you edited should [be] the only
one selected. Click okay or whatever it is.
7. Now you have a .diff file. Open it up in notepad and admire your
work. Upload it to Trac if the patch applies.
8. Drink beer.

Hmmm, right click>Tortoise SVN>Create Patch.  Gee, doesn't sound to hard.

Yep, now if the option still had on the menu but disabled when not
appropriate, I would have just seen how to do it.

It's annoying that you have to specify .diff or it will save it as .patch.
I wonder if a hex edit can fix that...

Anyway, thanks for the tip Aaron!  That was the final missing piece to the
puzzle.

I can attached .diff to my tickets now!