[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.6 Beta 1

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 19:29:34 GMT 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 2:22 PM, spencerp wrote:

>> Any tips, links, suggestions would greatly be appreciated though!
>
> Again, I use TortoiseSVN, and I have the DIFF making option in
> that, but, I'm still at a loss on "how-to" make one. I tried
> finding "instructions" on it, but couldn't .. I don't know, maybe I
> didn't look hard enough..? Or, maybe there's an easier way, rather
> then using TortoiseSVN..?  =/

Since you're using Tortoise, here's the simplest how-to you'll ever
find. Ever.

1. Create a folder in Windows. Doesn't matter where. Try your Desktop.
2. Right click on the folder and select Create Repository
3. Do an update on the folder, once SVN recognizes it as a repo.
You'll need the SVN address - something I don't have as I'm not in
front of my Windoze box.
4. Once the files come down, edit a file. Once you've edited and
saved a file, the file will get a little red x or exclamation mark or
something. This means it's different from the working copy.
5. Right click on the repository (on your desktop?) and descend into
the Tortoise SVN contextual menu item.
6. Click on Make Patch. The file that you edited should eb the only
one selected. Click okay or whatever it is.
7. Now you have a .diff file. Open it up in notepad and admire your
work. Upload it to Trac if the patch applies.
8. Drink beer.

--
Aaron Brazell
Technology Architect, b5media