[wp-testers] Comments RSS Failed To Feed

Roy Schestowitz wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com
Mon Aug 21 10:12:00 GMT 2006

___/ On Mon 21 Aug 2006 07:11:39 BST, [ Mark Jaquith ] wrote : \___

> On Aug 20, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Austin Shaythong wrote:
>
>> I had inserted Mark Jaquith's patch and yet the page worked but my
>> link "http://quaertas.ej.am/?feed=comments-rss2" had also failed. I
>> have posts in my site.
>
> ?feed=comments-rss2 is supposed to show the *comments* feed (it does in
> 2.0.x, and with my patch, it does in 2.1).  Your feed is blank, which
> means you must have no comments.

I  happened to notice that the same behaviour is inherent in
several  CMS's, but while it's reasonable to return a  blank
feed  (e.g.  this does not add clutter to  aggregators),  it
would  be nice to have some anchor/placeholder if no item is
found...  in  comments/posts/category/search/other...  Topix
does that, for example...

I  know this might lead to problems and violate some  rules,
but I just find it hard to subscribe to feeds that are empty
and   thus  invalid.  Maybe  an  itch  that's  never   worth
scratching... *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy