[wp-testers] About styling administration pages guidelines

Tassoman (mailing) ml at tassoman.com
Sat Aug 19 18:03:46 GMT 2006

Hi all! I'm greedy reading wiki pages about administration pages and menus
creation and I'm working at a deep plugin who's spawning administration pages.

Until now I needed to copy the "content" div to recreate a posting page for
content needed by my plugin, and now I'm going to copy the table who lists pages
to get my db results listed into administration pages.

I would code administation pages pretty styled as the normal interface but seems
there isn't any mention about any PHP function or class, any css classes or ids,
any APIs or some wiki page about it.

There are already lots of plugins online, each styled different each other. I
think that if styling rules will not managed soon, this little chaos could be
nasty for WordPress growth.

Wouldn't be a good idea releasing some guideline for styling the administration
pages made by plugins? A good start could be adding some wiki page who describes
css classes and id's. I really didn't found anything about.

And a better idea would be a set of optional functions or classes drawing things
in the administration area. For example, Drupal already does this for their
.module files.

My 2¢ of €. Bye, Tassoman. ;)