[wp-testers] Dashboard link

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Aug 11 00:32:44 GMT 2006

Craig wrote:
>Is this a workaround or the actual solution?

If you were asking me about deleting the empty index.php from the
plugins directory, then I would reply "It is the actual solution".

There is not supposed to be an index.php file in the plugins directory.
When Wordpress sees one there, it processes it as if it were a plugin.
THE default plugin I guess...  So, it loads it as the content of the
main dashboard page, replacing what is normally there when you click on
the dashboard link the second time.  This is a known issue. I found it
when testing 2.0.4.  I found it just as Ryan released.  So I was quite
worried at first.  A couple different people told me of the fix, but
Michael Adams was the first.  In his words: "WP is a little loose on how
it checks for plugin pages."

I don't know if it is logged as an issue.  I'll go look later tonight.
I have a couple things I want to check on.