[wp-testers] TinyMCE broken with SVN

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Wed Aug 2 14:43:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 08:52:52AM -0400, Justin Moore wrote:
> On 8/2/06, Kimmo Suominen <kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com> wrote:
> >I noted that TinyMCE was not loading.  This was due to an unnecessary
> >call to realpath() when reading in the TinyMCE code.
>
> >On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:23:11PM +0200, Kent Roger wrote:
> >> I've been puzzled for days now trying to figure out why TinyMCE was
> >> broken with the latest SVN release, when I tried the 2.0.4 release and
> >> TinyMCE worked like a charm. Is it just me and my setup
> >> (gentoo,php5-cli,suphp,apache2 running on port 8081) or is it something
> >> with WP?
>
> But the burning question is "Do we *have* to fix it?" ;)

Yes, sometimes I run into this attitude, which is why I love svk. :)

I would rather think it makes sense to fix things that don't break
anything, even if not fixing it only affects very few users.  Also,
removing unnecessary code speeds up performance.  (Calling realpath()
causes a number of stat() calls to the filesystem, at the very least.)

Of course, the decent thing for me to do would be to file this in Trac,
and I will.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--