[wp-testers] Write Post Toolbar Missing Icons and Category bullets

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:29:22 GMT 2006

On 4/3/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:30 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we should have some sort of querystring on the JS call that
> > changes when there are changes to the files, because this is a
> > pretty common issue and is going to happen when people upgrade "for
> > real".
>
> Agreed.  Might also consider it for CSS... some browsers
> (SafariCOUGH) seem to hang on to CSS forEVER.  I'm a big fan of ?rev=N.

We've done ?rev=N for the main JS files and I think we can reinstate
that practice if testing proves it innocuous to the compressor. This
will ensure all javascript loaded is up-to-date.

A problem remains: how to add the same sort of thing to the URLs of
each of the HTML files opened from within the editor, e.g. links.htm.
Somebody who wants to learn about TinyMCE would do well to pipe in
here and say they'll dig in and figure it out. :-)

Another option, simple and sweeping but not even a little bit
graceful, would be to rename the tinymce directory with each update.

Andy