[wp-testers] Posting via XMLRPC loses the author information

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:07:25 GMT 2005

I believe that the newest version of kses that WordPress uses is now
filtering any tags that it does not recognize as valid HTML/XHTML.
This would explain the problem with it stripping the <tag>s from the
posts, as far as XML-RPC information, I haven't messed with that
lately, but someone else may know.

On 10/18/05, Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems posting via XMLRPC (via Flickr in my
> example) with the latest SVN (has been happening for a while though)
> where the post doesn't get attributed to any author where it should be
> attributed to the login used to post via XMLRPC?
>
> Opening the post through Manage / Posts and resaving fixes the problem
> but the original post from Flickr gets stripped of things like  Style
> + class definitions and the <tag></tag>'s that Tagalicious uses as it
> doesn't get attributed to my user that is high enough to prevent the
> filtering.
>
> I had a quick look on Trac but couldn't see anything so maybe I just
> have something screwy in my users table or something? I also saw it
> reported on the Forums for 1.5 as well.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jason Bainbridge