[wp-testers] Anyone else having problems with pinging?

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 18:22:58 GMT 2005

I'm running the latest code from SVN and yesterday my admin panel
started acting weird in that it would only let me load one page within
a browser session, at first I thought it was a server problem so I
restarted Apache but it would still load the first page I requested
but none after that unless I restarted again when it would let me load
one more page.

I finally tracked the problem down to execute-pings.php so I have a
feeling that http://rpc.pingomatic.com/ was having a problem yesterday
and the new way of handling pings in the background is causing some
problems as just renaming that file worked a treat (but disabling
pings of course). I can't get into Trac right now to track down if
there was a changeset that affected this but has anyone else seen the
same behavior and have a better workaround?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster at kde.org