[wp-testers] User Level revisited (after a year)

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:25:21 GMT 2005

Seems to me that we need to clearly define terms of reference and
definitions so that we don't waste our collective breath on debate
what Role A is or is not.

In my mind:
Administrator: Owner - operator of the site. Has total control over
users and content. Approves new users and assigns privileges.
Editor: Cannot approve new users. Can edit/delete all content.
Author: Draft and Publish and Edit own material.
Contributor: Draft only.

The more I think about this, the more I realise that it can get very
complicated very quickly. I'm starting to think that, as usual, WP
should provide the architecture to allow people to develop high-end
user admin tools if desired.