[wp-testers] User Level revisited (after a year)

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Wed Nov 30 22:22:55 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
|  http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/3243
|
|  By popular demand.

but what I'm confused about is, why let 'Editor' edit posts belonging to
that
of 'Administrator'? As I look at it, I think that the older system of
having
userlevels where a user was able edit only his posts & those belonging
users on a lower level than himself. That way the admins can stay at
levels
8-9 etc. & have some editor at level 6-7 who can edit posts of all
authors
which could've been kept below level 5.

would anyone shed some light on this? because as it is currently, why
should
the 'Editor' be able to edit posts of 'Administrator' which is a higher
role than
himself.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/