[wp-testers] User Level revisited (after a year)

Abhay Kumar aranis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:35:13 GMT 2005

> Authors cannot edit published posts.  Once they publish, their work
> leaves their hands.  If you want Authors to be able to edit published
> posts, promote them to Editors.
So I'm guessing that's why there is a 'has_cap' check if the user can
'edit_published_posts' (Thanks for leaving that 'echo' in the code,
since it alerted me to it. Hah!). I think the system does make sense
to me and does work for my needs but it doesn't for others needs.

I guess it's time to write a feature request bug ticket for a role
management interface. I can write the interface myself if no one else
wants to do it. It seems like something that would be appropriate in
the core code.