[wp-testers] RE: wp-admin/plugins.php (rev 2932) error line 90

Abhay Kumar aranis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:34:48 GMT 2005

Nice find Toby and thanks for posting the bug report.

> It appears that in 1.5 the same thing happened, the fix there was a
> precautionary is_array() loop (see http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2501)
That seems to be a really bad way to fix the error (and it was a bad
way to fix it the first time as well) as it doesn't really _fix_
anything except ignore the error. Doing it again will fix the issue of
the warnings but will not fix anything if you try to activate a
plugin. You'd need to have another precautionary loop around line 10.

I think the issue is that the 'empty' plugin list was stored initially
as a string during the clean install procedures and this is what needs
to be fixed. I guessing what we see as the string is the empty array
represented as a bytestream.

I've also posted the same message to trac.