[wp-testers] wp-admin/plugins.php (rev 2932) error line 90

Hisashi T Fujinaka htodd at twofifty.com
Tue Nov 29 21:05:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Abhay Kumar wrote:

>> Next time, skip the email to the mailing list and report the bug
>> directly in Trac.  Duplicate bugs are easier to deal with and more
>> likely to be addressed than if people write about bugs here and don't
>> end up report them.
> I'd rather confirm the bug first before just throwing a possibly
> useless bug ticket into the queue. If at least one other person has
> the same issue, then it probably is a WP issue and not something about
> my particular installation.
>
> If I can figure out a fix, I will most certainly post it on the bug
> ticket thread on trac.

Yeah, I've filed bugs and gotten terse replies about how it's not
broken, only to find out that my setup got itself into some weird state
due to svn or cvs or some weird theme. It's not helpful to get an
angry-seeming bug closure note rather than email help from other people
saying, "I don't have this, did you try X?"

Maybe the answer should be to tell people, "I see it too, file a bug."

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd at twofifty.com