[wp-testers] User Level revisited (after a year)

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Tue Nov 29 20:19:54 GMT 2005

> From:  Owen Winkler

> It is currently not possible to create a user that can edit
> only certain
> other users' posts.
>
> In the new capabilities system, there is no heirarchy.

That sucks :)
About one year ago I proposed a user level system:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/10090#post-81586
based on "real life" requests.
I was assured by one developer that it is a "fairly typical workflow"
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/13995

But now seeing this discussion it seems there is still a lack of
understanding on the decision making level as to what a _real_ User
Level system would be.

As it stands now:
Contributor - can write a draft (not publish)
Author - can write and publish his own posts, but CANNOT edit them
Editor - can write, publish (even Contributor's draft) and edit
everything, including the admin's post! <== this one is crazy ;)

Is there a place where I can change what the "roles" can and cannot
do? I couldn't see anything like that.

moshu