[wp-testers] RC-1

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Nov 29 07:40:43 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:
> Things have been changing so fast, it's a wonder there's any time
> in-between for testers to review the code.  I'm really shocked to see an
> RC label on this code.

The different with this release is that we have 10s of thousands of
people testing out the code as users, which means those types of bugs
get caught VERY quickly.

Most of the remaining issues (and issues that have cropped up in the
past few weeks) have been server configuration issues.

I look at the code and try to see what's holding up a release -- all
that's really left is a few niggling PHP _SERVER variances and minor
browser issues. I honestly feel like we're in the polish stage. The bulk
of my time until the release is going to be spent on WP.org.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://akismet.com