[wp-testers] User Level on WP 2.0 RC. 1

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Nov 29 05:03:02 GMT 2005

Nurudin Jauhari wrote:
>     I was try this nicely WP 2.0 RC . 1 and I still have litle question.
>
>     On WP version 1.5, if WP have more than one user and their have many
>     level from 1 to 10 (Administrator) and if I change their level for
>     grant access edit their own story. This running well and perfect.
>
>     But why on the new sytem, if I was set user to become editor, they
>     can edit all post (include administrator post). How to make this
>     user only can edit their own post.
>
>     What must level I must set?

It is currently not possible to create a user that can edit only certain
other users' posts.

In the new capabilities system, there is no heirarchy.  No user is above
another user, therefore there is no way to specify that group A should
be able to edit posts by group B, but not vice-versa.

If your security scheme is doled out in a way such that you are worried
that the users with the "editor" role will edit the administrator's
posts, then perhaps you need to reconsider how your security works, and
who has permission to edit posts.

Owen