[wp-testers] Option removed from 2.0

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Mon Nov 28 21:29:59 GMT 2005

Since the option is set in wp_options ALREADY, why not have 2.0 detect if
the option is set (i.e. an upgrade) and if it is leave things as is
preserving BC, and by default (for new installs) leave the option off by not
setting the option in wp_options at all?

Seems like a good solution for everyone.

On 11/28/05, Dan Coulter <dan at dancoulter.com> wrote:

> Just a question... wouldn't it screw up RSS feeds if someone has an entry
> with invalid XHTML in a post?  I know this isn't vital to everyone out
> there, but a lot of people wouldn't want their entire feed going down
> because of one missing </p> tag.
>
> I think that this, especially with the advent of the WYSIWYG editor,
> should definitely default to "ON" and be left out of the end-user
> interface.  If you think that we should include a bit of text explaining how
> to change this for advanced users who are going through the upgrade
> instructions, then I'd be ok with that.
>
> --
> Dan Coulter
> http://www.dancoulter.com/
> http://www.phpflickr.com/
>
> Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
> -Simon and Garfunkel

Aaron Brazell
Editor/Writer
http://www.technosailor.com