[wp-testers] Run 2 or more Wordpress trees with same db?

Abhay Kumar aranis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:03:45 GMT 2005

> // You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a
> unique prefix
> $table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores
> please!
>
> Quoted direct from the config file. So yes you can. Just need to change
> that value

I don't believe that's what Rod was asking. The situation you are describing
is multiple blogs on the same database. Rod is asking about two different
codebases (1.5.2 and 2Beta2, I'm guessing) on the same database using the
same posts, etc. Although I could be wrong, I don't think this would work.
The only thing I guess I could suggest is to write a crontab script that
takes the database entries (posts and comments) of the day from your live
blog and updates it to your experimental blog's database.

Did that answer your question?

Abhay