[wp-testers] URRGH: Page slugs

Sean Hayford O'Leary hayfordoleary at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 06:57:17 GMT 2005

I frequently use WP as a whole-site CMS for smaller sites I design.
Because of this, I naturally use the page function and a bug has been
driving me out of my mind.

Say you have a site with four main sections
/projects
/about
/creative
/contact

So let's say the user wants to have a record of everything he did in
2005 for projects:
/projects/2005

BUT, he also wants to do an archive of his published creative writing:
/creative/2005

If anyone has tried to do this, you'll see the bug: it combines the
two pages (as seen in this 1.5.2 installation:
http://sdho.hayfordoleary.com/reading/2005 and
http://sdho.hayfordoleary.com/documents/2005).

On the contrary, posts automatically add -2, -3, etc.. And with the
"Singular" plugin, they just work and do not add the -2/-3/etc..

Is there a program-architectural reason why this is happening or can't
be fixed, because this is a serious problem to anyone who uses Pages.

--
Sean Hayford O'Leary