[wp-testers] Re: Rich Text Editor Not Working...

Rick Beckman rick at beckman-ministries.com
Wed Nov 23 03:11:19 GMT 2005

Andy,

I figured out why the editor is not loading; the javascript error I
mentioned in my last posting led me to discover that Wordpress is
outputting at the top of tiny_mce_gzip.php this text: "<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts
with 'zlib output compression' in
<b>/var/www/rick/wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.php</b> on line

I have zlip enabled at PHP level, so gzip is unnecessary and thus
disabled in my Wordpress options. It seems TinyMCE is still trying to
use it. That's why it isn't worknig for me; and I'm sure I'm not the
only one to have zlib enabled.

(Again, I'm using the latest nightly; just updated moments ago.)