[wp-testers] RE: wp-testers Digest, Vol 9, Issue 46

Jeff Billimek jeff at billimek.com
Tue Nov 22 19:38:42 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: David House <dmhouse at gmail.com>

>On 22/11/05, Jeff Billimek <jeff at billimek.com> wrote:
>> As soon as I change the permalink structure to something else (like 'Date
>> and name based' - /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/), the main index
page
>> as well as any other permalink page will deliver the generic 404 error
page.
>> This is using the default theme and no plugins.

>Perhaps not got mod_rewrite installed?

I'm pretty sure I do.  I'm successfully using the same permalink structure
in my existing wordpress installation on the same host.  It is an earlier
nightly build - not sure on the revision number, but wordpress works
correctly and indeed other RewriteRules work correctly as well:

-[u35509784 at infong362]--<12:52pm:Tue Nov 22>-
-(0:~/html/jeff)-: cat .htaccess
# redirect requests to items in /jeff/images to another server
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /jeff
RewriteRule ^images(.*) http://some_other_host/jeff/images$1 [R,L]
</IfModule>

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /jeff/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /jeff/index.php/$1
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

In other words, my existing wordpress install works correctly on the same
host with the same date & name based permalink structure.  Attempting a
fresh install of beta2 yields 404 errors all of a sudden.

Is anyone on this list running apache 1.33 and a recent nightly with a
non-default permalink (i.e. date & name based or something other thank post
ID) successfully??

Thanks,
Jeff