[wp-testers] "Categories"

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Tue Nov 22 14:31:04 GMT 2005

On 11/22/05, Sean Hayford O'Leary <hayfordoleary at gmail.com> wrote:

> look at Flickr's sets and tags: each image can only exist in one set.
> Because of the free-form nature of categories, they are closer to tags.

Actually, in Flickr, an image can exist in as many sets as you want, just as
you can put a WP post in as many categories as you want. The difference
between the free-form categories and tags is that tags don't have parent
objects. In WP, if you put a post in a sub category, it will be displayed in
the parent as well.

--
Dan Coulter
http://www.dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel