[wp-testers] de-/activate Some Plugins at once

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:35:15 GMT 2005

I think that the consequences that could result from this outweigh the
good though, in this case. Plugins expect activation and deactivation
hooks to be available to them. Through these hooks, the plugins have
the possiblity of creating pages that only show on the initial install
or on deactivate. If there's the possibility that multiple plugins are
enabled or disabled at the same time, we would see some plugins
die()ing out before the other plugins could run their hooks, leaving
cruft in the database or not installing/setting options for other
plugins.

On 11/20/05, Les Bessant <les at lcb.me.uk> wrote:

> I think it would improve the consistency of the user interface a little. Not
> something I'd need to use frequently, but it would be logical.

> Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
> Losing it[1]

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com