[wp-testers] ASCII translations/WYSIWYG

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Nov 18 20:49:35 GMT 2005

Hayford O'Leary, Sean wrote:
> This seems like a good temporary fix for me, though -- when it works --
> I enjoy the "fancy quotes."
>
> It might be nice if there were an option to turn them off, though.

The fancy quotes plugin that is enabled by default in WordPress should
probably render the fancy quotes to the post_content_filtered field
instead of saving them directly to the post_content content.  This would
prevent the quotes from appearing when you're editing, and would make
them show up properly in the browser when requested.

But then I found this:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1595

So much for that.

Anyone know why this was shelved for a 2.1 milestone?

Owen