[wp-testers] wp_grins

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Nov 17 17:43:09 GMT 2005

wp_grins works in 1.6 in comments.

After an edit to the 'edit-form-advanced.php' file, I can get the
smilies to appear on the screen with the rich editor on or off.
But ...
Editor OFF - grins work.
Editor ON - they do not and FF & webdev bar shows js errors

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[nsIDOMNSHTMLTextAreaElement.selectionStart]"  nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
http://www.tamba2.net/itsatest/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=2 ::
grin :: line 449"  data: no]

It's beyond me working out a fix.
I know smilies aren't cool / liked / used by some, but this plugin has
proved to be hugely popular.

Could someone work on a fix please or put the popup smilies back ?

Note: This assumes that the user does not delete where they had their
smilies. A new 1.6 user will need a modified plugin as noted on this
list some time ago.

P.