[wp-testers] "In more or less words: something's broken."

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:45:32 GMT 2005

On 11/15/05, ttate at calpoly.edu <ttate at calpoly.edu> wrote:
> I was updating some template files through the admin interface on my 1.5.2 installation of WordPress (hosted by Bluehost.com) and now I can't access the site (http://www.ohgoditburns.net). All I get is the following wonderfully helpful error message:
>
> "In more or less words: something's broken."
>
> when I try to visit any WordPress page (wp-admin included).

The page is throwing an Internal Server error 500 so that must be what
your custom error page for 500 errors displays, a common cause of such
errors is in incorrect .htaccess file so check out:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Fixing_.28.htaccess.29_Generation_Issues

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge