[wp-testers] Persistent Cache Turned On

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Nov 13 04:37:06 GMT 2005

Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> I haven't gotten around to testing this properly although it is
> running on my live site, just fine for the most part that is except
> for twice when for some reason my site stopped responding like it
> would do if Apache is down. It did this just a few minutes ago and
> about the same time last night as well, simply SSH'ng in and doing a
> rm-rf * in wp-content/cache immediately fixed the problem both times.
>
> It was both the admin side and the actual blog that had the problem,
> looking at Apache's status at the time revealed there was no problems
> there so it is kind of strange how a caching mechanism could make your
> whole site stop responding.
>
> Is there anything you would like me to look at next time it happens?
> Take a copy of the cache directory maybe?

Exact same thing happened to me, it caused that apache child/php to core
dump a 14MB file every time I tried to load the page.

Maybe this code could be dramatically simplified, we're obviously
triggering some sort of PHP bug on error conditions.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://akismet.com