[wp-testers] Poor subjects in wp-testers list (plus patch submission question)

Scott scott.and.kim at gmail.com
Wed May 25 06:04:13 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm running into bug # 829 when using both Ecto and MarsEdit to add a
trackback to an existing post in my Wordpres 1.5.1.1 blog. I looked at
the attached patch and compared it to my functions-post.php on my live
site and the patch is present. I don't see any way to re-open the bug.
Has anyone else reported this error since upgrading to 1.5.1.1? Can
anyone else repro this bug?

repro steps:
repro steps:
1) select a post and bring it up for editing in MarsEdit
2) Add a trackback URL to the trackbacks list
3) Click "send to weblog"
4) The step should fail informing you that the XML-RPC parsing failed.

debug output from Marsedit:
XML-RPC reply received: 2005-05-24 21:15:38 -0700
Method name: metaWeblog.editPost
Status code: 200
Succeeded: NO
–Parse Error–
Parse Error Title: XML-RPC Response Parsing Failed
Parse Error Message: The data was not a complete XML-RPC response.
Response text:

Warning: array_unique(): The argument should be an array in
/home/virtual/site101/fst/var/www/html/weblog/wp-includes/functions-post.php
on l

more info here.
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/829