[wp-testers] Suggestion: use of strip_tags in wp-rss2.php

Luc Saint-Elie lstelie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:37:11 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm evaluating WP 1.6 on a beta version of my blog.

On the regular blog I use last 1.5 and correct RSS 2 generation is
such a mess (I use an accentuated language) I have a so huge number of
problems with it that I ended in generating the feed by hand.....

I'm testing wp-rss2.php on my 1.6 install.. and it still doesn't validate :

Have a look here :
http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.saint-elie.com%2Fbetablog%2Ffeed%2Frss2

It's a pure, virgin, not touched , not modified 1.6 (last SVN) install
and produces a "content:encoded should not contain relative URL
references" error.

Perhaps a strip_tags (that could be dactivated as an option if some
others prefer) for ALL RSS content would be a great idea.

Luc

--
Luc Saint-Elie
http://audioblog.fr