[wp-testers] Rev 2510 -> 2515 - what breaks plugins?

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:43:09 GMT 2005

On 7/17/05, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 09:46 -0500, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> > Now I tried to be a good little tester and read through all the
> > patches in revsions 2511 through to 2515 but for the life of me
> > couldn't find anything that should have effected the plugins like that
> > so is something screwy going on locally for me or is there something
> > in those patches that I just can't see?
>
> I'm seeing it too.  Looks like the active_plugins array isn't being
> serialized properly.  2715 is a likely culprit since it changes
> update_option(), but I don't see anything wrong with the change.

Found it:

$newvalue = trim($newvalue);

Is now called before the array is serialized and what happens when you
trim an array? Do we even need that at all? If we do I suggest:

if(!is_array($newvalue) || is_object($newvalue))
   $newvalue = trim($newvalue);

So only strings get trimmed as I'm guessing we probably wouldn't want
to trim objects either.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge