[wp-testers] Rev 2510 -> 2515 - what breaks plugins?

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:46:19 GMT 2005

Last night I svn up'd from 2510 to 2515, then started getting PHP
errors on my main site as it couldn't find the function for the
del.icio.us cached plugin so I looked at the plugins page and had
heaps of errors - invalid argument for function on line 88 of
wp-admin/plugins.php, which was the array of active plugins from
wp_options, that conveniently now just had the word Array in it.

Then I tried upgrade.php thinking something must have changed in the
DB but that didn't work, so I shrugged and reverted back to 2510, on
the first load I got the error but on subsequent loads I was able to
re-enable the plugins I am using. I had also thought it could have
been related to the SK2-stats plugin I had recently loaded so deleting
that was one of my earlier unsuccessful steps and thought now that I
had plugins working again that I would try 2515 again but had the same
result and had to revert.

Now I tried to be a good little tester and read through all the
patches in revsions 2511 through to 2515 but for the life of me
couldn't find anything that should have effected the plugins like that
so is something screwy going on locally for me or is there something
in those patches that I just can't see?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge