[wp-testers] Login problem - revision 2714

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Jul 15 17:54:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 11:08 -0500, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> I had a problem with mine where it was trying to use
> wp_users.user_level to create the roles but that column had been
> deleted with the changes to wp_user_meta but with the latest changes
> everything seems to be working fine including the management of links,
> which was broken for a little while.

I might add some temporary code that will reconstruct each user's caps
and roles.  Defining "RESET_CAPS" or something of the sort in
wp-config.php will tell upgrade.php to redo all user caps.  This will
help us reset caps and roles to a sane state after these little upgrade
breaks and changes to the default roles.  I'll try to add something this
evening.

Remember, upgrading from one version of the development repository to
another isn't guaranteed to work.  We might be changing caps and roles
around quite a bit during the development cycle, meaning periodic
upgrade breakage and the need to blow away old roles and caps in the DB.

Ryan