[wp-testers] Login problem - revision 2714

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:08:55 GMT 2005

On 7/15/05, Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd at twofifty.com> wrote:
> I have the same problem and finally reverted to 2702. Now I have the
> "rn" error. It was a large pain to fix because I tried a bunch of things
> and the subversion doc website was down. Also, I couldn't get into trac
> to check/submit this bug because of permission errors.

The upgrade process is a little wonky at the moment and things can get
out of order somehow, a few things you can try:

Check your wp_users table, if there is no user_level column add it
back in with your user levels.

Check wp_options, if you have rows for the meta_key's of
wp_capabilities  & wp_roles then delete the rows.

svn up to the latest trunk

run upgrade.php

I had a problem with mine where it was trying to use
wp_users.user_level to create the roles but that column had been
deleted with the changes to wp_user_meta but with the latest changes
everything seems to be working fine including the management of links,
which was broken for a little while.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge