[wp-testers] Feed template

Jeff Beeman Jeffrey.Beeman at asu.edu
Tue Jul 5 17:29:05 GMT 2005

I've been hunting around for a bit to see if I could find info on this,
but I can't so I thought I'd ask the list:

Is there any way, or are there plans to make a way, to have a feed
template?  In Movable Type (which I loathe) you have the ability to
create templates for different feed types, like rdf.xml, rss.xml,
atom.xml, etc.

I was wondering if it's possible to do the same with WP.  I'd like to be
able to create feed templates instead of modifying the actual source
files that create the feeds (which is the only way I see to do it right
now).

The reason I ask is because, with the release of iTunes 4.9, there are a
whole slew of iTunes-specific feed tags that can be associated with
Podcast feeds - and they're all quite handy.  I'd like to have templates
for podcasts that include these tags, but they're completely unnecessary
for non-podcast feeds.

* Jeff Beeman
* Digital Media & Instructional Technologies
* Arizona State University