[wp-testers] [Fwd: 1.5.1.3 and categories]

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Jul 3 01:10:46 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 09:23 +0900, ecto Support wrote:
> This is easily fixed in your WP:
>
> When you get an metaWeblog.editPost without category info, first
> check if there are categories set already for that post id and use
> that, otherwise set the default category.

Okay, new xmlrpc.php and functions-post.php are available.  These can be
dropped into a 1.5.1.3 install in place of the existing files.  I can't
test these directly with ecto, so they may not be quite right.  I'm
hopefully getting closer though.

http://trac.wordpress.org/file/branches/1.5/wp-includes/functions-post.php?rev=2690&format=txt
http://trac.wordpress.org/file/branches/1.5/xmlrpc.php?rev=2690&format=txt

Diffs:

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2690

> If you need a copy of ecto to test your xmlrpc changes, just let me
> know. ecto has a very useful console interface that allows you to
see
> what is being sent and received over xmlrpc.

All of my machines run Linux.

Ryan