[wp-testers] [Fwd: 1.5.1.3 and categories]

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Jul 2 15:11:53 GMT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 1.5.1.3 and categories
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 22:17:33 +0900
From: Adriaan Tijsseling <adriaan at neoteny.com>
To: Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>

Matt,

The latest 1.5.1.3 (there were several code changes in the same
version, I'm referring to the latest one) totally messes up category
support in xmlrpc. Whoever coded that does not realize that with the
MovableType API, the categories are set via mt.setPostCategories, not
via editPost or newPost. What happens is that after
mt.setPostCategories, the call to editPost removes any categories set
in mt.setPostCategories.

Why there was no testing with ecto at all, baffles me.

A response is very much appreciated,

Adriaan

--
Matt Mullenweg