[wp-testers] Upload via XMLRPC broken in 2.0

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Dec 29 02:52:19 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:43 +0900, ecto Support wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:30 +0900, ecto Support wrote:
> >> Good, that does it! (How did this bug ever make it in the final 2.0
> >> release?)
> >
> > Show of hands, who on the testers list posts via xmlrpc?  Who uploads
> > via xmlrpc?  I suspect the answer is no one, alas.  We've always had
> > trouble covering xmlrpc.
>
> I actually tested a previous 2.0 beta and that one worked flawlessly
> (that one's xmlrpc.php file is still linked to via my blog entry).
> But I'm a very busy guy. I cannot go testing every blog system
> forever to verify  any issues with xmlrpc. Maybe it's a good idea -
> especially now that wordpress is kind of a company - to hire folks to
> do QA (if only part-time).

Understood.  I didn't mean you in particular.  I meant the community in
general.  I can't test everything myself, especially the parts of WP
that I don't use in my day-to-day dogfooding.  WP has many users now,
but not many testers.  We need to do a better job at bringing in beta
testers so that we can avoid some of these .0 blues.

Anyway, I'll look into fixing up the upload directory structure.

Ryan